Wednesday, September 5, 2012

NFL Season Predictions - 2012

Though it's clearly not a regular feature, I am a pretty big fan of football and would like to write about it just a little bit. As such, this isn't going to be a massive breakdown but more of my casual observations about the season to come and how I think everything will shake out. I actually did this last year and was mostly okay with my predictions. This year they will be better. Or, you know, I hope they will be better. So before the first game kicks off I'd like to set a few things in stone. Or at least digital ink. And, without going any farther, if you're expecting Tebow's boys to make the playoffs, well, there's always next year.

NFC

West: San Francisco 49ers
South: New Orleans Saints
North: Green Bay Packers
East: Philadelphia Eagles
Wildcard One: Atlanta Falcons
Wildcard Two: Dallas Cowboys

AFC

West: Denver Broncos
South: Houston Texans
North: Baltimore Ravens
East: New England Patriots
Wildcard One: Cincinnati Bengals
Wildcard Two: Pittsburgh Steelers

And that, of course, brings us to the biggest prediction of the year. That's right, the big game. All of the marbles. My Super Bowl Prediction...

New England Patriots over the Green Bay Packers.

Basically the same prediction as last year. I figure if I keep making it that I'll end up being right one of these years. Honestly, I don't like making such an obvious prediction, but I can't bring myself to pick the Ravens nor do I feel like the Saints will have the defense to stop that Green Bay offense. In the end those are the two teams (with the Texans on about equal ground as the Ravens, but despite my love for Houston I'll give experience the edge) that would come closest to challenging either of those teams.

Who do you have taking it all? Let me know in comments, and enjoy this year's NFL season!

Rich


Comments are welcome and, for anyone with a literary mind, I encourage checking out my poetry blog filled with all original works for your reading pleasure.

Also, I am on the old Twitter thing so I guess you can follow me at twitter.com/FLYmeatwad.

And if you want to know what I'm watching, listening to, playing , and reading you can follow my tumblr account!
© 2012 Richard James Thorne

No comments:

Post a Comment